Terms of Service
By accessing the realbooru.com website ("Site", "the Site") you accept the following Terms of Service. From that point onwards, the RealBooru staff will treat your use of the Site as acceptance of the Terms.
- The Site reserves the right to change these terms at any time.
- If you are a minor, then you will not use the Site.
- The Site is presented to you AS IS, without any warranty, express or implied. You will not hold the Site or its staff members liable for damages caused by the use of the Site.
- The Site reserves the right to delete or modify your account, or any content you have posted to the site.
- You will upload content that is of high quality.
- You understand that there may be content on the Site that does not appeal to you or you feel is morally wrong.
- You accept that the Site is not liable for any content that you may stumble upon.
- You are using this site only for personal use.
- You will not use any automated process to retrieve or index any portion of the site or site contents, with the exception of public search engines.
- The operators of the site are not entirely held to these terms.
In addition, you may not use the Site to upload any of the following:
- Child pornography: Any photograph or photorealistic drawing or movie that depicts children in a sexual manner. This includes nudity, explicit sex, implied sex, or sexually persuasive positions.
- Bestiality: Any photograph or photorealistic drawing or movie that depicts humans having sex (either explicit or implied) with other non-human animals.
- Watermarked: Any image where a person who is not the original copyright owner has placed a watermark on the image.
- Poorly compressed: Any image where compression artifacts are easily visible.
- Doujinshi/Manga: Do not upload these. Comic strips are fine (4koma). Light novels are considered doujinshi.
- Grotesque: Any depiction of extreme mutilation, extreme bodily distension, feces.
- Paysites: This should be plainly obvious, but apparently it needs to be listed here.
The Site will not disclose the IP address or email address of any user except to staff.
The Site is allowed to make public everything else, including but not limited to: uploaded posts, favorited posts, comments, forum posts, and any edits made to the site.
What data do we collect?
The type of data that we collect and process includes:
- Your username.
- Your email address, if you choose to provide it.
- Your IP address.
How do we collect your data?
You diretly provide the Site with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Register on the Site.
- Use or view the site.
How will we use your data?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- For the purposes of making you a registered member of our site, in order for you to contribute content to this site.
- Your email for password recovery
- Your IP address is recorded when you perform certain actions on our site. Your IP address is never publicly visible.
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you in the course of your interaction with our site. This information may include technical information about the browser or type of device you're using. This information will be used purely for the purposes of analytics and tracking the number of visitors to our site.
What are your data protection rights?
You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you or obtain a copy of it. To do so please email us at [email protected]
You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. To request permanent deletion of your personal data please email us at [email protected]
Keeping your data secure
We are committed to ensuring that any information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable measures and procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect.
Cookies are small text files which are placed by us on your computer. They allow us to provide certain functionality on our site, such as the ability to log in, or remembering certain preferences.
Acceptance of this policy
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy at any time. You may be asked to review and re-accept the information in this policy if it changes in the future. This policy was last updated on 06 June 2019.